Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Response: ...uh....

There are some situations in life for which I have no response. If you have some, please comment. Oh, and I am opening up comments for anonymous users as well (can you tell I am trying to encourage commenting?)

Back on subject: when I go to the gym, the person at the front desk says, "Have a great workout." And I nearly always reply, "you too.... I mean... thanks... I guess." Yeah, they're going to be at that desk for the next few hours and I just told them to have a good workout too. Granted, it's 6am, but every time?!? I've got nothin'!

Also, in preparation for a flight in the next week or so, I was thinking about the dreaded get through security part of the flight. When I was coming back from the Dominican Republic this spring, I seriously felt like somebody owed me a dinner after all the security checks! Anyway (my ADD is kicking in again... ooh! shiny stuff) I was in the security line one time with my coffee in hand. I thought I could manage all of that for some reason. The guard told me to take my zip up hoodie off- so I held my coffee in one hand, and grabbed the middle part of the jacket, and threw my arm behind me to pull the hoodie off. That's when it happened: my hand made contact with the fleshy part of the person behind me. I turned around quickly, spilling my coffee (which was hot) everywhere, only to realize that I punched the guy behind me in the stomach. He was recovering from being sucker punched while I stood there saying, "uh... I am so sorry..." Again, nuthin'!

Next post I will tell you about when I answered my door at 1:30am with pigtails to two cops and all I said was, "Can I help you?!?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Please tell about the bat!!!
You might not be the only person to have some of these experiences but I don't knwo anyone that can recall them with such vervor!

Crack me up!!
Delanie

Anonymous said...

thank goodness you opened it to anonymous, now I don't have to remember so many passwords.

you do have strange experiences. I am glad we can create some in a few days.
allison