Sunday, May 8, 2011

Anniversary

It was our 2 year anniversary this past week. This is what I found when I got home:
Isn't he so sweet? This is the first time I have gotten flowers from my husband and he did such an amazing job (I had previously told him not to waste money on flowers that would die, but I changed my mind recently.) We went to Blanc Burgers and Bottle for our anniversary dinner. It was wonderful!


Isn't he so cute?? My favorite part was the milkshake and the a la 'cart' onion rings!




Then we went to Des Moines for our anniversary this past weekend. We saw the Hullings who we love and miss dearly! It was so much fun to hang with Josh and Emily and the boys! I think Mike especially enjoyed the dart gun fight!



Liam is ready for the fight!!


Mike showed no mercy!


Then we got to see Gavin's baseball game! It was the perfect day, with the perfect weather, the perfect beautiful field and the perfect Des Moines downtown backdrop!


These little guys just melt my heart (sorry Tate- didn't know that's what you were doing when I snapped this picture!)


We also discovered this amazing sushi place in Des Moines called Samuari Sushi. It was fantastic!




And then we came home to Mother's Day lunch with my parents. Also- cutest couple EVER!!!




My mother in law is in town for a few days for the backyard makeover! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Tessa said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Way to go dad, I mean, Mike. It looks like you two had a nice weekend a way, I hope you had some time to relax!

Christy said...

Happy anniversary!! I had to laugh when I read the part about the flowers...I told Tim the exact thing thing when we were dating, and have regretted it ever since. :) Sometimes flowers are nice, even if they do die!!

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed to have each other. You are an awesome couple.

Em said...

AH! Those pictures are great! (Especially the one with Tate doing a somersault on pavement) Love you guys! SOOOO great to see you this weekend!

Kelly said...

The a la 'cart' onion rings made my day!!! LOVE

Anonymous said...

Bwahahah - I think its crazy how much sushi you guys eat now!