We were able to go to our family cabin in Minnesota for a whole week with my parents and my sister. It was fabulous!
First, I made Mike shave his face because I had never seen it without his mustache and goatee. My reaction? Tears. He totally didn't look like himself. Here he is in process:
And after! I think he looks so young. Iw as worried I was going to be arrested because it appeared I was with a minor!
My mom and dad never really stop working, but they make it look so effortless. I mean, who looks better taking down storm windows and putting up screens than this lady?!?
But she does love her some fire! We spent a lot of time around the fireplace again, one of my favorite places to be! My mom came up with this GENIUS idea to put Reese's Cups in s'mores- it was amazing. Mike said it may even be too much!
And what is a lake vacation without some fabulous hair? I mean- what is going on with my curls? And what is going on with mom's hair?
As always, Mike fished off the dock and from the kayak. The official count was 52 bass! Way to go baby! And he made me take pictures of the big ones this year! 
Dad and Mike got the rest of the lifts and docks in as well this trip. And yes, those are waders. We are for realz.
Love!
We always make a trip (or three) into Granny's Pantry in town also. Mike re-discovered his love for homemade taffy and I was reminded of my love for ice cream!
We found a really good burger place in town that Mike and I had never been to. The best part was when the waitress was shocked Mike wanted a Guiness beer. She said, "I had you for a wine or summer shandy kind of guy." Party Foul.
Many evenings were spent playing games. Allison is clearly having the most fun in this picture:
ANNNNNND- the new kayak. It was really fun to enjoy the lake on the kayak. I was a little nervous in it initially, but it was really fun to go out on the lake and be able to enjoy it without any loud noises or having to start and re-start the boat motor. Here are Mike and dad taking it out for a spin!



6 comments:
Looks and sounds like you had a great time with family. You'll have memories to last a lifetime!
Yes, we did have a good time. Thanks for the post Amy!
There are many things I enjoy about this post.
#1 Your awesome hair.
#2 The copious amounts of ice cream present ( I approve)
#3 Your dad's Viking's attire.
Looks like you had a great time!
I forgot! #4: Reese's with Smores??!! Maybe the best idea ever! Figure out a way to get some ice cream in there and I may be in heaven.
You were reminded of your love for ice cream? When did you forget?!? Clearly you need to be eating more ice cream :) But seriously looks like you guys had an awesome awesome time--i'm so glad!! We totally should have had more sympathy on you when you returned to work, must've been crazy hard when you had so much awesome time in the outside world!! :)
p.s. I also grow a little bit more in love with your family after every post..particularly your mom :)
What? I though Mike hated Medici
Post a Comment