Friday, February 8, 2008

Slips, Trips, and Falls

Here it is: my new blog. I've already had to start over once, so I suppose that is par for the course.

I have decided that this blog (for personal and professional reasons) will not involve anything about my profession as a Physical Therapist or anything that involves my job.

That being said, I am starting my blog with the subject of something that is not in any way funny in my line of work, but I think inherently funny in life: slipping on the ice.

Now there are many methods of slipping... the oh-so-funny feet over the head slip, the arms wildly flailing method, but then there is my favorite: the groin ripping splits. And you know you have experienced this if you have ever thought to yourself, "I think I just ripped something... namely my hamstring, perhaps my pants too."

In college, on icy days my friends and I used to sit in the cafeteria and play, "Where will s/he bite it?" Then it progressed to what body part they would fall on first (nobody was seriously hurt at the expense of our maniacal laughter). I like to think of this as the "Head, gut or groin?" game of America's Funniest Videos.

And don't even try to claim you don't watch AFV because people getting hit with the pinata bat in the groin is inherently funny.

4 comments:

ASchafer said...

Amy it is about time. I am glad that you are ascribing to the HIPPA ethics. It will take you far in life and in your profession.

Your sista,

Allison

jomama said...

Looking forward to your many real life odd happenings.
Jo

jomama said...

I advised otherwise, oops!!! Yeah it is about time. You have many stories to be told.

Unknown said...

Keep writing! I love blog reading. :) Especially from people I know. It's the last thing I do at night; scroll through my fave blogs.

Ta ta