Lately I have been hitting the gym in the mornings to avoid the after-work crowd. But today I went after work to go to Turbo Kick Boxing (which always kicks my behind!)
So I had to get there a little early to get a spot in the back row... and I overhear this lady talking about her new baby WHO WAS BORN A WEEK AGO. This woman was going to do this class with us after pushing a person out of her 7 days ago. So, I was thinking to myself that she would need many rest breaks and water breaks. WRONG. She definitely did better than me.
And that is what I hate about the gym.
Also, (rant coming here) I hate it when people hog the machines! If you are going to do a set and then sit around for 50 minutes, that's great, but sit somewhere else.
And finally, there's macho man: that guy who thinks he needs to slam the weight stack down in order to actually be getting the most out of his workout. Well now I have a nervous disorder buddy!
But really the problem is me here: I can't turn the nerd/PT off in me. I am constantly wanting to run up to people and correct their technique or their posture or their running form. When we were doing jumping squats in class tonight, I nearly had to physically restrain myself from yelling, "don't let those knees go out over your toes!!!"
1 comment:
Okay, I must say I TOTALLY RELATE to your nerd/PT tendency. Not that I go to the gym anymore. My workouts consist of bench pressing Audrey and walking with the extra resistance of a stroller. But in my pre-mommy days I always wanted to carry my business card around the gym and say "here, call me when that disc finally ruptures!"
Post a Comment